R.C.H Lenski NT Commentaries Set

abe

Are there any plans of ever making this set available in Accordance.

I am sure many out there would like Lenski's commentaries to be added.

Any backers want to join me and request this?

-abe

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there any hope for the Lenski series being made available soon? I note that Olive Tree now has it available for the iphone. http://www.olivetree.com/store/product.php?productid=17384

Tony Lawrence

• 2 months later...

Just checkin' Any plans to have Lenski's NT Interpretation added? Logos has it avail. in e-format. Any discussion w/the publisher as of yet?

Thanks.

I'd be interested in having this for Accordance, too.

• 4 months later...

Still Looking for a thumbs up or thumbs down on Lenski - otherwise, I'll just purchase the Logos edition...

Any updates on pursuing this with the publisher??

Thanks

-Elliot

They are on our wish list, but I don't think we have any progress to report.

• 1 year later...

I'm still interested in having this resource. It's now available for WordSearch and Logos.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I think that Lenski would be a great addition to Accordance (after Alford's Greek Testament, of course).

I think that Lenski is complete on all the NT. I wonder how many full set NT Commentaries Accordance has.

I wonder if it is too difficult for Accordance to scan books into computer if an etext is not available?

I don't know if Lenski is yet public domain or not. But I think it has been around over 50 years now.

Edited by Enoch

• 3 months later...

I just saw this post and was getting ready to request Lenski myself; I am 100% behind everyone interested in seeing Lenski's Commentary added to the Accordance library. I also want to make an added request for John Gill and Matthew Poole's commentary as well....

Chris

John Gill would be a most welcome edition. He is a source that most everyone can benefit from. I have his commentary in Online Bible and always am amazed at the breadth of his scholarship and how well it has aged. This is his quote on Job 12:2:

Ver. 2. No doubt but ye [are] the people, &c.] Which is said not seriously, meaning that they were but of the common people, that are generally ignorant, and have but little knowledge, at least of things sublime, especially in matters of religion; wherefore, though they took upon them to be his teachers and dictators to him, and censors of him, they were not above the rank, but in the class of people of low and mean understandings; see Joh 7:49; this sense indeed agrees with what is after said, "who knoweth not such things as these?" but since Job compares himself with them, and asserts he is not inferior to them, it supposes them to have a degree of knowledge and understanding of things somewhat above the common people; wherefore these words are to be taken ironically, exposing their vanity and self-conceit: "ye are the people"; the only, and all the people in the world of importance and consequence for good sense and wisdom; the only wise and knowing folk, the men of reason and understanding; all the rest are but fools and asses, or like the wild ass's colt, as Zophar had said, and which Job took as pointing to him; so the word in the Arabic language {c} signifies the more excellent and better sort of people; or, ye are the only people of God, his covenant people, his servants; that are made acquainted with the secrets of wisdom, as none else are:

and wisdom shall die with you; you have all the wisdom of the world, and when you die it will be all gone; there will be none left in the world: thus he represents them as monopolizers and engrossers of wisdom and knowledge, full of it in their conceit, allowing none to have any share with them: and by all this he not only upbraids them with their vanity and self-conceit, but puts them in mind, that, as wise as they were, they must die; and that, though their wisdom with respect to them, or any use they could make of it in the grave, where there is none, would die too; or that their wisdom was but the wisdom of the world, which comes to nought; yet there would be wisdom still in the world, and that which is true, which God makes known to men, even the wisdom of God in a mystery, the wisdom hid in himself; and who has the residue of the Spirit and his gifts to instruct men in it, and qualify them to be teachers of others; by which means, though men, even the best of men, die, yet the word of God, the means of true wisdom and knowledge, will always abide.

{c} Golii Lex. Ar. Col. 1743. Vid. Lud. Capell. in loc.

-----------------

That said it seems less than well known… it is on community pricing over at Logos but it seems to be gathering little interest, which amazes me considering the number of works that make it to production.

-Dan

I'm all for getting Lenski and the Baptist John Gill for Accordance. How awesome that would be!

I've found Lenski's commentaries online at http://bible-library.org/com/nt/lenski/main.htm

Though the work itself is in the public domain, I am not sure of the source of the e-text, so caveat emptor. The main site bible-library.org has many other resources as well.

Someone wishing to devote a little time could put it into a user module and then if they choose could share it.

-Dan

We'd love it if someone had the time to do this. The Accordance Exchange is the perfect place to share these resources. Please try and clarify any copyright issues before you share it though.

Thanks!

Looks like they are in the process of moving their servers. Hoping to be up by 22 November

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand the statement about 1918. I was born long after 1918. In my youth & for years I think that the rule was that copyrights lasted only 28 years, but a renewal was possible. I'm not sure how long the renewal would last.

Edited by Enoch

Just FYI, I emailed the webmaster where the etext is kept and his reply was:

Hi Ken, For what you want to do,I believe that you will need to get in

touch with the publishers

Official development of this resource is underway.

• Like 1

Official development of this resource is underway.

AWESOME!