lost network card

RonMiller

Although the full manual for BasiliskII describes how to get an Internet connection up and running, I am frustrated by the fact that the GUI setup does not find the network card on my Desktop running Windows XP. The card is an SiS 900-Based Fast Ethernet Adapter, but when I go to the Ethernet tab the drop down box for Network Card does not show this as an option.

I realize that this is beyond the purview of this discussion, but I hope someone can point me to help. Thanks!! Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Although the full manual for BasiliskII describes how to get an Internet connection up and running, I am frustrated by the fact that the GUI setup does not find the network card on my Desktop running Windows XP. The card is an SiS 900-Based Fast Ethernet Adapter, but when I go to the Ethernet tab the drop down box for Network Card does not show this as an option.

I realize that this is beyond the purview of this discussion, but I hope someone can point me to help. Thanks!! Ron

Now it works. In the folder pointed to by the following address

C:\accpc\extra files\BasiliskII\Setup\Windows-specific documents

there are a series of articles: Ethernet,win32.txt and NAT-router FAQ.html in particular have the details for how and why the ethernet connection is set in BasiliskIIGUI.exe.

I won't report the details here, but I can now browse the web in the Mac emulator using the iCab browser.

It's still off-topic for Accordance Bible Software, but I thought others might find it useful and interesting to mess with.

Best wishes, Ron Miller

Archived