• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RonMiller

RonMiller

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:09 PM

Although the full manual for BasiliskII describes how to get an Internet connection up and running, I am frustrated by the fact that the GUI setup does not find the network card on my Desktop running Windows XP. The card is an SiS 900-Based Fast Ethernet Adapter, but when I go to the Ethernet tab the drop down box for Network Card does not show this as an option.

I realize that this is beyond the purview of this discussion, but I hope someone can point me to help. Thanks!! Ron
--
Ron Miller (The Rev. Ronald H.) Baltimore, MD
Every individual will receive from God the amount of indulgence he has himself given to his neighbor.
Augustine, quoted by Defensor Grammaticus

#2 RonMiller

RonMiller

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

Although the full manual for BasiliskII describes how to get an Internet connection up and running, I am frustrated by the fact that the GUI setup does not find the network card on my Desktop running Windows XP. The card is an SiS 900-Based Fast Ethernet Adapter, but when I go to the Ethernet tab the drop down box for Network Card does not show this as an option.

I realize that this is beyond the purview of this discussion, but I hope someone can point me to help. Thanks!! Ron

Now it works. In the folder pointed to by the following address
C:\accpc\extra files\BasiliskII\Setup\Windows-specific documents
there are a series of articles: Ethernet,win32.txt and NAT-router FAQ.html in particular have the details for how and why the ethernet connection is set in BasiliskIIGUI.exe.

I won't report the details here, but I can now browse the web in the Mac emulator using the iCab browser.

It's still off-topic for Accordance Bible Software, but I thought others might find it useful and interesting to mess with.

Best wishes, Ron Miller
--
Ron Miller (The Rev. Ronald H.) Baltimore, MD
Every individual will receive from God the amount of indulgence he has himself given to his neighbor.
Augustine, quoted by Defensor Grammaticus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users