Photo

Photorealistic Icons on Classic Accordance Versions?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

I've noticed that when I've been working with Accordance on the emulator, most of the icons bear an old, classic look, but the icons on the resource palette have a more photorealistic look such as those of OS X. Is there a way you can take the other photorealistic OS X icons & create classic versions of them? I know they won't be as pretty as the real OS X ones, but they'd sure beat the current look. If you can do it on the resource palette, it should work for the rest of the app.

Thanks!
Nathan

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

Actually it's pretty amazing that you can run the latest version of Accordance on a 15 year old OS. That's how old the system is that is used in the emulator that we endorse. OS 7 does not support high-resolution icons on the desktop. I just wonder if there is any other Mac software that will run the current version on OS 7.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

With a lot of Apple's recent releases, you're doing well to be able to run it on anything prior to 10.4.10!!
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#4 Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:17 AM

With a lot of Apple's recent releases, you're doing well to be able to run it on anything prior to 10.4.10!!

HAHAHA! Good one Rob!

So I guess the Accordance icon file types are different than the icon file types used in the OS 7 Finder? That probably explains it. Oh well, would have been nice to see if possible. I'm just glad it does run on OS7. The flat icons are OK, I was just hoping there was a way to add something sort of 3D. I'm glad I mainly run Accordance on my REAL OS X Mac! It's just the way to go.

Thanks a bunch!
Nathan

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users