27 replies to this topic

#21 techmate

techmate

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:38 PM

We have just released our upgrade with Leopard compatibility. As for new features, we will implement any that we feel will really enhance the functionality of Accordance. We are always open to creative ideas for new features. (Most suggestions are just minor tweaks of current features). However, we have plenty of very exciting new features in the pipeline which do not depend on Leopard, and we have enough ideas to keep us busy for the foreseeable future.

I just got the new version update email as soon as I posted in the forums. As soon as I get done working on our church audio, Im installing this update. Looking forward seeing the new accordance features when they are released.
Thanks

#22 jarcher

jarcher

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

Just finished my in-place upgrade to 10.5. So far, no problems.

The initial install took about 1.5 hours on my Powerbook G4 1.5 GHz w/ 1G of RAM.

The first time I started up took a long time (3-4 minutes) but things have sped up slightly. Spotlight appears to reindex after an in-place upgrade as well so my machine is definitely struggling to keep up. Hopefully the performance will increase after the indexing is done. After reboot there was a process called upgradedb running as well. This ran for several minutes and finally ended. However, while it was running it was using nearly 30% of my CPU utilization.

BTW, I like the new look of the tabs in 7.4. Very nice.

I'll post again if I encounter issues.

#23 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,203 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:33 PM

I just installed Leopard, too. Everything is working fine so far. And we can all celebrate the official demise of pinstripes in Accordance and all other programs. Brushed metal seems to be gone, too. Even the brushed metal setting in Mellel won't produce brushed metal!

Overall, the interface looks very modern. Now let's hope that it will perform as good as it looks.

By the way Jeremy, my installation took about 40 minutes. But my Mac's a bit newer than yours. :P

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#24 David Lang

David Lang

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Accordance development, writing, spending time with my wife and five kids
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

How fickle we Mac users are. I remember the day when everyone was celebrating the fact that we had OS X pinstripes in Accordance! ;)
Sincerely,
David Lang
Accordance Developer
http://www.accordancebible.com

Author:
Feet to Follow, Eyes to See
http://feettofollow.wordpress.com

Macs in the Ministry
http://www.macsinministrybook.com

Leader of the "Lang Gang"
http://www.langgangland.com
http://twitter.com/DavidAllenLang

#25 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

How fickle we Mac users are. I remember the day when everyone was celebrating the fact that we had OS X pinstripes in Accordance! ;)

This is very true. I'm also starting to grow weary of the translucent blue, not that I don't like the new tabs in 7.4...

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#26 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

This is very true. I'm also starting to grow weary of the translucent blue, not that I don't like the new tabs in 7.4...

You can always switch to graphite appearance, then you get translucent graphite color everything, including the tabs in Accordance (in Tiger at least).
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#27 techmate

techmate

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

Had accordance crash at first launch after leopard install. Hasnt crashed since.

I tried out leopards text to speech and have a couple of samples with it reading John 1:1-6 in both english and greek.

English Tiger

English Leopard

Greek Tiger

Greek Leopard

Some noticeable improvements.

#28 techmate

techmate

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

I like how you can assign a specific application to its own space in spaces. Its nice for me to have accordance open in its own space and keeps the distraction of other apps out of my way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users