#1 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

I know that the Inscriptions Index module relates to the Northwest Semitic Inscriptions (INSNWS).

But in that full Inscriptions package, there is also another set of inscriptions, in the INSCRIP module. I would like to know the provenance of some of these texts and wonder if anyone can recommend a source. I assume there's not a separate Accordance source like the index to the NW Semitic inscriptions?

I admit up front that I've never done any work with inscriptions before, but I'm beating the bushes for any background information that I can use in my dissertation. Having found a couple of interesting passages, I can't simply include them in my research without knowing what they are or where they came from.

Thanks.
___
Rick Mansfield

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com
twitter.com/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

Have you checked the Read me first file for these modules? Most scholarly and many other modules have them.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Have you checked the Read me first file for these modules? Most scholarly and many other modules have them.

Ah...how could I forget. Yes, there's a bibliography. I'll see if our library has these tomorrow. Thanks.
___
Rick Mansfield

RMansfield@mac.com
twitter.com/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

#4 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

But in that full Inscriptions package, there is also another set of inscriptions, in the INSCRIP module. I would like to know the provenance of some of these texts and wonder if anyone can recommend a source. I assume there's not a separate Accordance source like the index to the NW Semitic inscriptions?

I admit up front that I've never done any work with inscriptions before, but I'm beating the bushes for any background information that I can use in my dissertation. Having found a couple of interesting passages, I can't simply include them in my research without knowing what they are or where they came from.

Please take a look at this thread on the inscriptions.

I just completed a dissertation last year treating the lexicography of the Hebrew inscriptions (for which Accordance was absolutely indispensable!).

J. P.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#5 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,741 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

I know that the Inscriptions Index module relates to the Northwest Semitic Inscriptions (INSNWS).

... I'm beating the bushes for any background information that I can use in my dissertation. Having found a couple of interesting passages, I can't simply include them in my research without knowing what they are or where they came from.

Thanks.

Rick,

Are you looking specifically for Hebrew inscriptions?

Rick B.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#6 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

Rick,

Are you looking specifically for Hebrew inscriptions?

Rick B.

Yes.
___
Rick Mansfield

RMansfield@mac.com
twitter.com/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users