Can't open 7.4 in Leopard- "file names already in use"

Semstudent

Greetings All,

I've been an Accordance user for a few years, though have just gotten into the forum. Thanks in advance for any help you may render!

I installed Leopard, installed 7.4, and when I try to open the app for the first time, I get the following error messages and the application doesn't open:

"The name 'Module Installation Log' cannot be used, since it is used by a different type of file"

-and once I click "OK" I get this-

"The name 'General' cannot be used, since it is used by a different type of file."

Again, after this it's as if I never opened 7.4 and no matter how many times I've tried, it does the same thing. Any ideas? :unsure:

I would try moving the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder to the desktop, and then run Accordance and let it make a new one from the Accordance Preferences in the Accordance folder.

You could also try replacing that folder with a backup one. It is always a good idea to backup that folder in any case, and especially before system upgrades and program upgrades.

I would try moving the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder to the desktop, and then run Accordance and let it make a new one from the Accordance Preferences in the Accordance folder.

You could also try replacing that folder with a backup one. It is always a good idea to backup that folder in any case, and especially before system upgrades and program upgrades.

Thanks Helen, I've tried all the above. The first time I moved the prefs folder to the desktop and opened Accordance it opened up but absent any of my previous items. Not a problem, I decided to close it and try again while on the phone with someone from support there and I got the "highlights" error which she walked me through, after deleting that item and tried to open Accordance again, I now get this error:

"The name 'com.accordance.mod.txt' cannot be used, since it used by a different type of file"

That's where I'm at now and I'm wondering if I need to uninstall everything and start over [which will require me getting an updated install disk I'm guessing]. Any thoughts on what to try next? Thank you very much for your help!!

Paul :rolleyes:

Hi Paul,

This issue usually comes up when Accordance files lose there meta data (file types) (Sorry for the cryptic error message-- we will fix that !!!!)

About a month ago, a user was having similar issues using a backup copy of their Accordance files (see link below)

(we assume the backup software removed the meta data)

How to Restore Meta Data

I have been running different versions of Leopard for many months (and using Time Machine) and have not lost any meta data on Accordance files yet (while developing 7.4, etc)

Have a look at that post (#3) and let us know if you have any questions....

Mike

Archived