Searching

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 William Varner

William Varner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Greek exegesis, hermeneutics, patristics, Civil War, grandchildren
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

I am embarrassed to mention this, since I seem to have forgotten something I knew. When I do a construct search - say in the GNT - the search results replace my GNT workspace and then I have to go back and enter Matt-Rev for that Workspace to have my texts as they once were. What am I doing wrong to lose the workspace to the search results? I even attended the workshop at SBL!!

Red Faced

#2 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

William,
I think the ideal setup you'd like to have is that before you open a construct search window, first open a new text window (just hit Command N) and set it to search for Words (as opposed to Verses) and then with the cursor in the search window box open a new construct window.
This will place the search results in the second GNT window, but leave your verses window intact for your other needs.

But then, I may be misunderstanding your wishes.

#3 William Varner

William Varner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Greek exegesis, hermeneutics, patristics, Civil War, grandchildren
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Hey, that works! I think then that I will leave that "GNT-2" tab there and use it as my construct search window - at least in the GNT. But I guess I could change it too. Thanks,

Will

#4 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:23 AM

Yep. And have a look at the "Save session..." menu option to save any setup you like. Then all you need do is launch the setup.

(As I look at the previous steps I mentioned, you don't have to manually switch a search window to search by words... it automatically switches to that if you open a new construct window.)
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users