Galaxie Software

Win Groseclose

Helen,

This evening I received an email regarding TJL updates from the folks at Galaxie software. They have said that with the advent of Libronix coming out on the Mac, they were not planning on producing Accordance verseions of TJL 7 or 8 ;-(

Is there any way their mind can be changed. I use the TJL regularly, but frankly Accordance is a far nicer piece of software to use than Logos. I would rather invest my money in things for the Accordance platform than have to be divided here and there.

Is there a solution to our dilemma?

Blessings,

Win

Our position is outlined in More Journals. Hampton agreed to this earlier this year, and he has not notified us of any change. We will clarify with him and keep you posted.

Hampton has confirmed that this is a misunderstanding. He will be happy for us to do more volumes of the TJL with Accordance but agrees to wait for Volume 6-10. He just mentioned that the Libronix versions will presumably work with the Mac Libronix engine when that does come out.

I hope that some kind of solution for the journals can be reached. Having the journals in Accordance has been terrific because they are now searchable. Further, with the journals in electronic form, I have no qualms at all about getting rid of the bound copies.

In regard to the other thread regarding Oak Tree's position, I for one, would NOT mind paying $50/year for the updates as long as the updates are worthwhile. The new volume 7 update would allow me to throw out (or give away) all my old issues of Review & Expositor.

Archived