Editing User Tools

Julia Falling

Hey - We purchased the MacArthur Life Works Library (for PC). I am in the process of extracting the stuff off my husband's PC and getting it into User Tools by copy and paste. I'm doing the initial editing in TextEdit just because it's faster. When I copy and paste into the User Tool, most of the time the bold print and underlining transfers just fine, but sometimes I lose it all. If I quit the Accordance and try again, sometimes all is well and sometimes it's not. Any ideas? Am I doing something incorrectly?

BTW, I am not impressed with Libronix. The more time I spend in Accordance, the more I love it, and the more I am able to learn when I use it. Exposure to Libronix showed me again just how good Accordance is. Thanks!

User Tools are really not intended for huge amounts of text like this. We just came out with th MacArthur NT Commentaries in Accordance. We recommend buying those and saving yourself all that hassle.

Julie,

I have spent a lot of time using the User Tool Module for Accordance. It is a great tool for transferring little booklets, or creating your own User Tool, but to import a work like you are trying to do, it is just not made for it. I would agree with Helen, your best bet would be to buy the work from Accordance, rather than spending days trying to import it.

I imported a 300 page book, of simple English and Greek Text, it took well over 100 hours of work. It is formatted very nicely now, but buying it, if Accordance had it, would have been worth every penny.

Hey - Thanks for your replies. The reason I haven't purchased the set of MacArthur Commentaries is that I really want the one-volume version with both OT and NT notes. The full commentaries are just more than I'm likely to wade through. I would gladly pay for the one-volume version.

Archived