Daniel 13:63 LXX1

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Dan. 13:63 διὰ τοῦτο οἱ νεώτεροι ἀγαπητοὶ Ιακωβ ἐν τῇ ἁπλότητι αὐτῶν καὶ ἡμεῖς φυλασσώμεθα εἰς υἱοὺς δυνατοὺς νεωτέρους εὐσεβήσουσι γὰρ νεώτεροι καὶ ἔσται ἐν αὐτοῖς πνεῦμα ἐπιστήμης καὶ συνέσεως εἰς αἰῶνα αἰῶνος

The above passage is from the LXX1 module. Both the NRSV and the LXX-B follow LXX2 for this verse, which is completely different. Does the NETS do the same? Does anyone know if there is an English translation of the LXX1 version of this verse available somewhere?

I'm afraid my Greek's not all that good and I'm having trouble grasping the context; normally I open up a pane with an English text to help me with that, which is not an option for this verse. The passage is only tangential to my work today, so it's not a big problem if there's not an easily accessible English translation. I just thought it was worth asking.

Thanks!

Lorinda

NETS does follow the main text:

Dan. 13.63 [62a] For this reason youths are beloved by Iakob, because of their simplicity. [62b] And as for us, let us watch out for young able sons. For youths will be pious, and a spirit of knowledge and understanding shall be with them forever and ever.

I highly recommend it for anyone using the LXX.

Wonders of modern technology! I am replying to your post from a train in Israel, using my cell phone as a modem for my laptop.

Thank you so much, Helen! I've been thinking about getting the NETS. Now I know for certain that I want it!

Thanks be for technology!

Blessings,

Lorinda

Archived