MacBook air installation problems

Al Jennings

I encountered the following error messages when I tried to open accordance after migrating (using wireless migration assistant) to macbook air from my imac:

The name "module installation log" cannot be used, since it is used by a different type of file.

The name "general" cannot be used, since it is used by a different type of file.

After the migration, when accordance didn't load, I brought over the accordance folder from a backup drive to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Thank you,

al

post-918-1201962601_thumb.png

I would simply remove the Accordance Preferences folder from your user/Library/Accordance Preferences. Accordance will recreate the preferences. If you do not want to lose ranges and other settings you have made, you can copy the same folder from the old Mac to the new one and hope that this time the file types are not lost in the process.

You can also try to use Joe Weaks' File Type Fixer.

Helen: Thanks. I'll try that. However, my Accordance Preference folder is not in my user/library. Could that be the problem? For some reason, it is in the applications folder. Nonetheless, I'll remove it from the applications folder. I'm assuming you mean deleting the folder.

None of the solutions worked. I didn't understand how to use the Joe Weaks' file fixer. However, I have my files on a backup drive, so I deleted all of my accordance files and transferred my backup files and it gave me the same error messages.

After that didn't work, I deleted the files again and did a fresh install of your current version from your website. Still the same error messages. Is it possible that a version that ran smoothly on my other computer running Leopard, would not be compatible in someway to the MacBook Air?

You need to install Airccordance! ;)

I'm still on PCs, but have been contemplating a switch to Mac for a while now, so I'm following these discussions (incl. word processor/Bible languages copy/paste capabilities) closely.

Wished I had the solution for you! Best wishes,

Ingo

P.S. If that Macbook Air doesn't work out for you, let me help you find a new home for it. My mailing address is . . .

lol. I gotta say: When I switched over a few years ago, I heard a lot of people tell me that there were no Bible software for the mac. Then someone told me about Accordance and I never looked back. I was using Biblesoft at the time. And not only did someone make Bible software for the mac; I found that I liked it much better that what I was using.

P.S. Disregard the small problem I'm having! It will be fixed soon. :rolleyes: lol

Talking now to Al. As I suspected, the Preferences files had not retained their file types, but he had not located them due to my faulty directions. We copied back these files to his home folder from his backup:

~user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

~user/Documents/Accordance Files

and deleted the

~user/Library/Preferences/com.OakTree.Accordance.Mod.txt

~user/Library/Preferences/com.OakTree.Accordance.Path.txt

which also gave error messages

and then his Accordance ran perfectly.

Which reminds us all that these two folders need to be backed up regularly, and copied to any new computer, and the two files below can be deleted (and will be recreated) if an error message pops up about them.

Well...I said it would be fixed soon! Helen gave me tech support after midnight. She solved my problem. Isn't the mac community great, isn't the Accordance family great. Let's hear it for Helen! I love when people are passionate about what they do and go above and beyond. Helen, thank you so much!

Archived