• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Leighton

David Leighton

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

I am looking to by a projector to link to the mac but have no real idea which one are best, and what the different functions are.

I am on a budget. Will be used for a variety of things from showing DVDs to powerpoint presentations and slid shows. Mainly for use with church groups of various sizes.

Any advice, recommendation, sites that give unbiased information would be much appreciated.

Also, are there some at are a no no as they don't work well with a mac.
David Leighton

12" PowerBook, OS X 10.5.8, Accordance 8.2.3

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

I've found BenQ projectors to be a good value (esp. with their three year warranty), and the ones I've used in church settings have worked without a hitch with Apple laptops.

You might want to check out Projector Central for reviews, and use a comparison site like PriceGrabber to find good deals.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Alex H.

Alex H.

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:39 AM

We use a Dell, can't remember the model but it's 3000 ANSI Lumens. Was a good price with good reviews. Portable with a rigid carrying case. We're really happy with it. Can't say if it works with a Mac or not, though.

www.alexhuggett.me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users