#1 Alex H.

Alex H.

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

Don't even know if this is remotely possible, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

What would be cool if there was a bundle you could get whereby if you buy a hardcopy of a book (esp. reference works), you could access a discounted copy of the software version as well. Some commentaries I want on my shelf but would like to have on my Mac as well. Kind of like the cross-grades idea.

Just a thought.

www.alexhuggett.me

#2 David Nehring

David Nehring

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Science Fiction<br />Mystery Fiction<br />Motorhome Travel<br />Model Trains<br />Liturgical worship

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

A good example of what you are talking about is the British Symth & Helwys commentary series http://www.helwys.co...tary/index.html . Print commentary with the CD bundled. The CD includes not only the text of the commentary but files with all the photos and maps used in the well illustrated series. I own the volume on Matthew by Ben Witherington III. The only caution I would offer is the quality control on the CDs is poor. I had to return two copies and the third was marginal. Have no clue how difficult it would be to work out licensing with Smyth & Helwys, I might add.
David Nehring
Associate Pastor (retired)
St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church
Dayton, Ohio
Email

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users