Accordance for Lutherans

ToddPeperkorn

I just got this link regarding how Libronix is marketing to specific denominational groups:

Libronix for Lutherans

This might be a good approach for Accordance to consider.

Todd

I have often wished I had a hyper-linked copy of the Book of Church Order for the PCA on accordance. Beings that the searchable PDF is freely available on their website I am sure there is some way to make a user tool of it but have yet to take the time to learn that process.

My guess is that it would not be cost-effective for Accordance to add the relevant documents for each denomination, but I also know nothing about the process for doing so - so I could be wrong.

Dave,

E-mail me at gward (at) accordancebible (dot) com. I can send you a user tool of the PCA BCO.

Greg Ward

Accordance Development

I can see what Todd is saying and it sounds like it could be a nice fit, but I think overall I would have to disagree. I guess what I am thinking is where would it end? As a Lutheran you obviously know there are plenty of different flavors of Lutherans. So do you have a different set for different types? Think about Baptists for a moment...you have everything from Free Will Baptist to Reformed Baptists. If your a Southern Baptist it is hard to know what you specifically believe because they are all over the map theologically. I say none of this in disrespect but just trying to point out that I would much rather have the great folks at Accordance focus on module and software development then catering to specific groups, for which would be difficult to define.

On another note, there's quite a bit of public domain content specifically by Luther at the Project Gutenberg website.

Someone who's feeling really ambitious could convert all those documents into a user tool (or multiple tools) and make it available on the Accordance Exchange.

Archived