• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ryangriffith

ryangriffith

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

I recently helped someone who was having very odd problems with CSS rendering in Firefox and Dreamweaver, and nothing worked (reinstalling apps, disabling extensions, safe boot, etc.) until we created a new user account.

What finally got things working back in the primary user account was to do a deep cache cleaning of all system, user, and application caches and rebooting (I used Cocktail, though I'm sure others will use other similar maintenance utilities; see this Macworld overview of maintenance tasks and utilties). So doing this kind of cleaning might be worth a try if you haven't done so yet.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on an obscure corrupt Rosetta cache file (especially if Accordance is the only non Intel-native app you're running)!

Thanks for this tip as well. I had the exact same thought this afternoon, so as soon as I got home I ran Onyx and all its options....unfortunately, did not change anything! I'd hate to have to run Accordance off another user account! I have not had any trouble with old MS office which is still non-Intel (outside the normal MS office problems!). I have not tried a safe boot yet, perhaps I'll give that a go.

Ryan
C. Ryan Griffith
Accordance 7.4.2 on MBP OSX 10.5.2
“For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel.” (Ezra 7.10)

#22 ryangriffith

ryangriffith

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

All,

I think I have solved it. Not that I would recommend the solution, however. After duplicating my user > preference file (just in case!), I trashed the entire file and started accordance - getting the same result as logging in as a new user. Therefore, one .pref file at a time, I rebuilt the folder - checking to see how it impacted accordance. Although I cannot tell which pref it was, i was able to get accordance to work properly. Now I just have to go back and customize many of my other apps again! It is nice to have accordance back!

Ryan
C. Ryan Griffith
Accordance 7.4.2 on MBP OSX 10.5.2
“For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel.” (Ezra 7.10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users