The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament

Alistair

The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament. By Cleon L. Rogers, Jr., and Cleon L. Rogers, III. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1998

Any plans to bring this to Accordance?

Alistair,

We've offered this for a while now. It's included in the Zondervan Scholarly CD-ROM. You'll find the module details here.

Strange. I checked the website before posting but didn't find it.

Thanks David!

Edited by Alistair

• 4 years later...

Alistair,

We've offered this for a while now. It's included in the Zondervan Scholarly CD-ROM. You'll find the module details here.

Hi David,

That link no longer appears to be working. My pastor is very interested in gaining access to The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament. Can you please send me the the link again?

Thanks.

Christi

Sorry, this old CD-ROM is no longer available. We'll be releasing some of the modules as separate unlocks, but I am not sure of the schedule for this.

Sorry, this old CD-ROM is no longer available. We'll be releasing some of the modules as separate unlocks, but I am not sure of the schedule for this.

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully that book will come out soon as I've heard great things about it.

In the meantime, can you recommend a similar type resource for my pastor who will very likely be buying into Accordance as soon as tomorrow. :) I'm not familiar with the format of the above resource, but he said it was great for someone who hasn't really studied Greek seriously and that it tracks along with the bible verses with a bit of commentary built in. Again, I think that's how he described it earlier today to me when I was showing him Accordance on my computer.

Thanks!

Christi

Christi, the closest resources right now are either going to offer information on each Greek word with no commentary, or more extensive commentary on fewer words than The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament. Using English Bibles with Strong's numbers, or the tagged Greek New Testament and viewing the instant details or using the dynamic interlinear feature would fall into the former category. Robertson's Word Pictures (an older resource) and Vincent's Word Studies (a more modern one) would fall into the latter category. Amplifying to a concise Greek dictionary like the Mounce Greek Dictionary or to English expository dictionaries like the Mounce Expository Dictionary or Renn's Bible Words will also give comparable information, but it doesn't simply follow along with the text like the Linguistic and Exegetical Key.

Hope this helps.

First, let me say for those of us fortunate enough to have bought the Zondervan Scholarly Suite there were several gems within that set. It was a tremendous "bang for the buck" package. I too love the The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament.

For Christi, may I suggest the Parsing Guide to the Greek Text of the KJV. It is a part of the Basic Group on Primary 9 <http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Greek+Parsing>. Or, if you prefer another translation, you may use a tagged text with the parsing command (available from either the toolbar or menu). While not the same as The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament, it may suffice along with some of the other resources until the package (or parts of it) are available again.

I strongly agree with David's recommendation of using Mounce's Greek Dictionary with the Mounce-NT. I would add the NET notes are also a great resource for textual notes and they follow with the text.

Tony Lawrence

• 11 months later...

I wish that this very valuable resource would be released for accordance soon.

We are planning to re-release it in the near future.

Thanks!