Word Biblical Commentary Series

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Falkenstein

Jon Falkenstein

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Greek and Hebrew exegesis, Theological and Philosophical studies (particularly explorations into alternative metaphyical systems).
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

I don't know about anybody else, but I would love to be able to buy a single volume of the Word series like I can with the NIGTC series. The cost of the series right now is much better than buying the books and so it's got a great value... unless I only want one or two. And in such a case where I only want on or two, then the cost is exorbitant. I'm sure this has probably already been asked and I'm predicting the response is that they won't license it any other way, but I had to ask if it's possible any time in the near future.

#2 Fr. Matthew Thurman

Fr. Matthew Thurman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

I find myself in the same boat. There are a few volumes of the Word Biblical Commentary that I would like to purchase for Accordance, but don't think I'll ever find myself in the position to buy the entire series. I'm currently working on a study of the Gospel of John using my hardcover copy from seminary, but would prefer having an electronic version to work from. I'm also planning detailed individual studies on the other three gospels over the next few years.
Rev. Fr. Matthew Thurman
Pastor -- St. Luke's Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church -- Chagrin Falls, OH
<a href="http://www.saintluke...odoxchurch.org" target="_blank">www.saintlukeorthodoxchurch.org</a>

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,029 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

We are pursuing this matter with Nelson, but, as with most publishers, these things move very slowly.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Fr. Matthew Thurman

Fr. Matthew Thurman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

We are pursuing this matter with Nelson, but, as with most publishers, these things move very slowly.

Helen -- Thanks for the update!
Rev. Fr. Matthew Thurman
Pastor -- St. Luke's Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church -- Chagrin Falls, OH
<a href="http://www.saintluke...odoxchurch.org" target="_blank">www.saintlukeorthodoxchurch.org</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users