Changing font sizes in the diagramming window

Michael Charles

Hi all,

I have already suggested this privately as an improvement, but wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem and has a solution, or would care to "amen" my suggestion.

I use the diagramming window for teaching flow diagramming and exegesis (roughly following the semantic diagramming type method), using a data projector in the classroom. The standard size of the Greek text when it appears in the diagramming window is too small to be easily seen, so I enlarge it using the normal display menu options (to size 18 font). However (and here's my problem), the spacing of the text doesn't change and so ends up all overlapped. The only solution I have found so far is to re-space each word individually, which is rather time-consuming (I have flow diagrammed all of Ephesians word by word

Greek_flow.tiff

Before_font_increase.tiff

After_font_increase.tiff

You're trying to use a tool designed for a different purpose. The Accordance diagrammer is designed for the traditional grammatical diagramming, not the semantic flow sort that you're trying to do. You'd find it much easier to copy phrases from a regular text window and paste them into PowerPoint (or a graphics program). It would be a lot less work. Perhaps the Accordance folks can add another tool for this sort of purpose, but I wouldn't expect the present one to work well for it.

Hi Rod,

The issue isn't so much the type of diagramming, because I'd still have to shift things even if I was diagramming grammatically. However, I take your point that I'm probably trying to do something Accordance is not designed to do; hence my suggestion for an extra improvement! I don't have a graphics program to use and I've found doing it in powerpoint (or keynote) equally time consuming and not as flexible as the graphic format of the diagramming window (i.e. place it anywhere on the "canvas"). With the other programs that I have access to I'm limited to tab spaces and that type of thing, and it ends up being just as time consuming and not as flexible as Accordance.

It seems to me that as Accordance treats each word as an image or something similar, it just needs to add a command in the bowels of its programming script (probably far more difficult than it appears to the non-programmer!) to space the images in some way proportionally to the font size.

Thanks for your comments,

Michael

Archived