7 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

I just want to say how fantastic this new version is.
A big 'Thank You' to all the staff at Accordance for their outstanding service.

I also want to be the first member to ask 'When are we getting version 9?' Ha Ha!

Paul M.
Paul M.

#2 Charles Stock

Charles Stock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

BIG thanks to the developers! Just installed and started using "8!" The first thing I noticed was the SNAP with which all the functions occurred. May Rosetta rest in peace!
I love the shading in the tagged texts and the GNT-T / BHS-W4! I can't wait to dig deeper. I'm not sure how much time this will save, but it feels good, like testing out a new car!
Once again, Accordance is proven to be over the top in excellence!

#3 tlw5560

tlw5560

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

I just wanted to add my "Amen!" to the chorus. I have a imac G5 (I converted to Mac right before the intel switch) and was reluctant to update to 8 because 7 ran so well on my powerpc mac. However, the new features were too much of a temptation not to try. I couldn't be more pleased with the snappy performance and the new features that allowed me to set up my workspace just like I like it. If there is a bug I haven't run across it yet. Congrats to the development team.

#4 Edified

Edified

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:20 AM

Wow! I just saw the 8.01 update on MacUpdate- I didn't even know that 8 was out! Congrats team. I'll be picking up my copy as soon as I get to a high speed internet connection.

Out of curiosity which native OS technologies do you use? Is Accordance 8 now an xCode project? Mostly Cocoa? Do you use native text renders?

Congratulations again! I can't wait to use this on my MacBook!

#5 Edified

Edified

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

Answers? *bump :)

#6 Edified

Edified

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

Any love? The forum is active, what with the cold shoulder? I'm running the Demo now and it's quite good.

Cheers, Ed

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,092 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

Ed:

We don't mean to give you the cold shoulder, we just don't have a quick answer. Programming is a little like making sausages: enjoy the result but don't ask what went into it!

Accordance is Carbon which allows us to compile the same code for different platforms: Intel, PPC and 68K for the emulator. Other than that I cannot answer your questions about text renderers or xCode.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#8 Edified

Edified

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:18 AM

Thanks Helen. I don't mean to make programming into politics as many often do, just curious because how it's programmed affects how it behaves.

Cheers,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users