Jump to content


Photo

Triple Click Words


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jwritebol

jwritebol

    Bronze

  • Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

I have discovered a potential bug with version 8. Tonight I was doing a word search in my greek text. In version 7 I had been able to triple click on a word and it would pull up the BDAG lexicon (which it was the highest lexicon in my library). Now when I triple click on it I get a window asking where the "Main Dictionaries" text is located and the finder window looking for a text to that end. I did do some rearranging of my library to be more orderly, but it should recognize the word is greek and go right to the greek tools to search for it. Any thoughts?

FYI this is not a problem with English text or with Hebrew texts. Just the Greek.
Jeremy Writebol
jwritebol.net

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,085 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

Yes, I confirm this bug. Until we fix it, please keep the top dictionary out of a folder so that it is available for triple-click.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 jwritebol

jwritebol

    Bronze

  • Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

Yes, I confirm this bug. Until we fix it, please keep the top dictionary out of a folder so that it is available for triple-click.

Taking the top dictionary (in my case BDAG) doesn't solve the issue. It seems to be looking for an English tool - not a Greek one.
Jeremy Writebol
jwritebol.net

#4 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

    Platinum

  • Accordance
  • 1,786 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa Bay, FL
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

Taking the top dictionary (in my case BDAG) doesn't solve the issue. It seems to be looking for an English tool - not a Greek one.


Jeremy, take your top Greek and English tool out of the folder and place it first until this is corrected. It's looking for an English tool because you have a folder 'Main Dictionaries' in the top position under English Tools.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group


#5 jwritebol

jwritebol

    Bronze

  • Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Jeremy, take your top Greek and English tool out of the folder and place it first until this is corrected. It's looking for an English tool because you have a folder 'Main Dictionaries' in the top position under English Tools.

Um... actually I have already done this and it still doesn't work. Here's the screen shot to prove it. Attached File  screen_capture.png   304.99KB   15 downloads

I'm not sure what to do.
Jeremy Writebol
jwritebol.net

#6 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

    Platinum

  • Accordance
  • 1,786 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa Bay, FL
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

Um... actually I have already done this and it still doesn't work. Here's the screen shot to prove it.

I'm not sure what to do.


I see. It seems the only way around is to remove the folder (possibly use dividers to delineate between the different tools). The underlying issue has been identified, and corrected.

Edited by RickBennett, 29 May 2008 - 09:29 PM.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users