Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

I took a little time to play with Accordance 8 new features. One of the things I did was set up some favorite workspaces along the lines of the demo. I called them "Hebrew Word Search" and "Greek Word Search" The both contain search windows (set to search for Words in a Hebrew or Greek text) and Hebrew or Greek Tools (e.g. BDB, UBS).

They show up in my favorites list, but if I select a word and try to amplify to them, I get an error message that reads:

The text "Greek Word Search" is not currently available to Accordance.

I can open (but not amplify to) the workspaces from the Library palette, but not from the Resource Palette.

The workspaces in question have been saved in ~/Documents/Accordance/Workspaces/Favorite Workspaces

Note that I had no luck adding saved workspaces to the Library window by clicking the Add button. All of my previously saved workspaces (even the new ones I created in Accordance 8) were greyed out in the File Picker dialog when I clicked add. I did manage to add them by opening the workspace in Accordance and choosing "Add Workspace" from the Favorites menu in the Resource panel.

I'm using Accordance 8 (Universal) on a PPC machine (iBook G4) running 10.4.11 with the latest security update.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,518 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

Lorinda:

You cannot add workspaces directly from the Library. The Add button only allows you to add modules.

Please email your workspaces to me to see if I can reproduce the bug. I do wonder if it's due to the location, but they have worked for us on the desktop and in ~/Documents/Accordance files.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 David Lang

David Lang

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Accordance development, writing, spending time with my wife and five kids
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

Lorinda,

Try going into your user folder/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences and removing the Favorites settings. Then relaunch Accordance and try adding your favorite workspaces again. I seem to remember having a similar problem during beta-testing and I believe that fixed it. Of course, you'll also need to redo any modules you've added as favorites.
Sincerely,
David Lang
Accordance Developer
http://www.accordancebible.com

Author:
Feet to Follow, Eyes to See
http://feettofollow.wordpress.com

Macs in the Ministry
http://www.macsinministrybook.com

Leader of the "Lang Gang"
http://www.langgangland.com
http://twitter.com/DavidAllenLang

#4 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Helen:

I've sent you the workspaces. Since then I've tried the following:

-Removing all the Text Search tabs in the workspace, leaving only Greek Tools tabs; saving under a new name; adding to favorites; amplifying to new favorites

-Removing all Greek Tools tabs in the workspace, leaving only Text Search tabs; saving under a new name; adding to favorites; amplifying to new favorites

-Saving one of these to the Desktop

In each case I get the same error message.

If I think of anything else to try I'll let you know the results.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)

#5 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

David,

My apologies, I missed your post last time. Renaming the old Favorites preferences file did indeed fix the issue.

As you mentioned, I lost all of my old favorites, but truth be told I wasn't using them much.

Lorinda

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover, 29 May 2008 - 11:32 PM.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)

#6 Andy Crim

Andy Crim

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:28 AM

I had the same problem and removed my favorites preference and all seemed fine. The problem reappeared after I added modules rebuilding my favorites list in the library window. I could launch a favorite workspace from the library window, but not from the favorites menu in the resource palette. After I removed a folder which had modules nested within it from the favorite modules list then all worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users