#1 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:25 AM

The request is pretty simple. For accordance modules, like grammars, commentaries, etc., which do have the page numbers (when the publisher was nice enough to give them to Accordance), I would really like the page numbers to be in plain site and updated during scrolling. I know that they are colored in a particular way, but after citing something, I still need to scroll up or down to find the page numberó sometimes only to find that the module at hand doesn't have the page numbers.

Can I request that right next to the dynamic paragraph information (Paragraph 5210 of 99999) there also be information as to what page you are on? And if there is no page numbers, then put " n.p."

This would help us especially for citing, as we would know immediately what page to put into our footnote, or whether to put "n.p." because there is no page number.

and, this isn't a request to remove the page numbers from the text, I think they still need to be there.

Thanks, Danny

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,096 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:49 AM

If the window is wide enough, and there are page numbers, they do appear between the Hits and the Paragraph number, to the right of the font size buttons.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Chris Regas

Chris Regas

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

If the window is wide enough, and there are page numbers, they do appear between the Hits and the Paragraph number, to the right of the font size buttons.

When page numbers appear within the document is everything BEFORE the page number on THAT page and everything AFTER the page number on the next the page?

Chris
Chris[B][I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue]

#4 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,799 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

When page numbers appear within the document is everything BEFORE the page number on THAT page and everything AFTER the page number on the next the page?

Chris

Chris,

Take the example in this screen shot. Notice where it reads 'page 137' next to the font resize buttons. This lets you know that at the current paragraph that you are in, it is at p. 137. When a page number is embedded within a paragraph of text, the page number will update when you reach that paragraph. General rule - page number precedes text on that page. Hope this helps :)

Attached File  page.jpg   126.83KB   27 downloads

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#5 Chris Regas

Chris Regas

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

It does thanks! Chris

#6 Chris Regas

Chris Regas

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

It does thanks! Chris

Actually it does on your screen shot but does not help with my own screen shot. I see no page numbers for EBC or the Theological Journals.

Attached Files

#7 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,799 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

Actually it does on your screen shot but does not help with my own screen shot. I see no page numbers for EBC or the Theological Journals.

The EBC doesn't have page numbers. However, when you view a reference tool in parallel with a text, the page number for the commentary won't show in that same location because your search text is a text not a tool. But, if the reference tool does have page numbers they will display within the text as usual.

Which journal were you referring to? GES? I checked through a couple different ones (including GES) and they all had page numbers, and did show.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#8 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

Ha! Although I feel dumb for asking, at least I know it is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users