page numbers

danzac

The request is pretty simple. For accordance modules, like grammars, commentaries, etc., which do have the page numbers (when the publisher was nice enough to give them to Accordance), I would really like the page numbers to be in plain site and updated during scrolling. I know that they are colored in a particular way, but after citing something, I still need to scroll up or down to find the page number

If the window is wide enough, and there are page numbers, they do appear between the Hits and the Paragraph number, to the right of the font size buttons.

If the window is wide enough, and there are page numbers, they do appear between the Hits and the Paragraph number, to the right of the font size buttons.

When page numbers appear within the document is everything BEFORE the page number on THAT page and everything AFTER the page number on the next the page?

Chris

When page numbers appear within the document is everything BEFORE the page number on THAT page and everything AFTER the page number on the next the page?

Chris

Chris,

Take the example in this screen shot. Notice where it reads 'page 137' next to the font resize buttons. This lets you know that at the current paragraph that you are in, it is at p. 137. When a page number is embedded within a paragraph of text, the page number will update when you reach that paragraph. General rule - page number precedes text on that page. Hope this helps :)

post-5629-1212690149_thumb.jpg

It does thanks! Chris

Actually it does on your screen shot but does not help with my own screen shot. I see no page numbers for EBC or the Theological Journals.

post-100-1212762700_thumb.png

Actually it does on your screen shot but does not help with my own screen shot. I see no page numbers for EBC or the Theological Journals.

The EBC doesn't have page numbers. However, when you view a reference tool in parallel with a text, the page number for the commentary won't show in that same location because your search text is a text not a tool. But, if the reference tool does have page numbers they will display within the text as usual.

Which journal were you referring to? GES? I checked through a couple different ones (including GES) and they all had page numbers, and did show.

Ha! Although I feel dumb for asking, at least I know it is there.

Archived