#41 Biblesearcher

Biblesearcher

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

Hi Williams,

Thanks for the link. When I installed .ttf files font into Font Book, I got this message: "Serious problems were found. Do not use this font." How come?
I have OS 10.4.11.

Any solution? Thanks for your help.

You need to download the font from here:
http://myria.math.ae...-for-Screen.zip

And then install the font (the .ttf files) into your font manager program, Font Book.

Restart Accordance and they should be available.

#42 Biblesearcher

Biblesearcher

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hi,

I like your Cross References column. Where can I find it in Accordance? (Sorry, I'm a new user).

Thank you for your help.

This is a great thread. I'm using a 24" 3.06GHz Imac with 4gigs of ram. Having the extra real estate is a blessing. There are a lot of windows that opens when I first load Accordance (I have them set up as detached windows so when I click on a reference verse or dictionary the windows come to the front ,yet I can still see the main window below the popup window. If there is a better way of doing that I would appreciate any help...Thanks, Joe

#43 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

Cross References is a Reference tool that comes with all of the Library 7 and Library 8 levels (but not, it appears, with the Scholar's levels). If you have a collection that includes it, you can find it listed under the pane button with a 1:1 on it.

Here's more info, including a list of packages that include it.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#44 William Cross

William Cross

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

Hi Williams,

Thanks for the link. When I installed .ttf files font into Font Book, I got this message: "Serious problems were found. Do not use this font." How come?
I have OS 10.4.11.

Any solution? Thanks for your help.

Not sure why. I am not using Font Book as my font manager, but instead the free Linotype FontExplorer X. The font works great for me using this program. Sorry for the problems with that font. I guess you could just try using Optima. They are very similar.

#45 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hey - I just found this thread and found it very interesting (and it gave me some ideas). I had already chosen a couple of custom colors for my backgrounds. I use the highlighting extensively in the NASB, my favorite translation, so I had to choose a color that did not interfere with the marking I have already done. However, other colors work fine for Tools and other translations. Seeing what all of you had done encouraged me to make my Daily Reading window more colorful. The window in the screen shot is one that is saved, one I go to every day and update as my reading progresses through the schedule I use. Any new Text window will open in the light green - best for my highlighting. I use a separate window for commentaries and many of the other tools.

I, too, like the looks of the Optima font. I've been using Verdana for a while and like its clarity, too I'll probably stick with it.

Thanks, Tom, for starting this topic.

I'll be checking back to see the other ideas that are posted. This thread has really demonstrated the versatility and value of Accordance.

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#46 Rick Yentzer

Rick Yentzer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Bible, family, reading, philosophy, apologetics, theology, markup, coding and programming

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

After reviewing the others and tweaking my own workspace over and over I finally have a setup that seems to work well. I was inspired by some others on the discussion so you will likely see the influence.

I've scaled the screenshot down. The original screen size is 1920x1200.

Accordance workspace screenshot

The instant details is set to fade.
"I'm not afraid of failure. I'm afraid to succeed in something that isn't important." William Carey

#47 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:09 AM

Hey folks.
Don't mean to pop up such an old post, BUT, I thought it would be a great idea to see what changes and layouts you guys are using since all the changes have been made. (Instant detail orientation?) Anyone willing to update your start up page screenshots?
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

#48 Donovan R. Palmer

Donovan R. Palmer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:43 AM

Hey folks.
Don't mean to pop up such an old post, BUT, I thought it would be a great idea to see what changes and layouts you guys are using since all the changes have been made. (Instant detail orientation?) Anyone willing to update your start up page screenshots?

I found this thread awesome as well. FWIW, I think it would be great to have a section of Accordance Exchange for screenshots. As a new user to Accordance, I picked up a number of ideas off of this thread, including different fonts to experiment with.

#49 Aelfwine

Aelfwine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

Coming to this thread late, but thought I'd contribute anyways. Here's my startup screen.

(I use the free Fontin font, which I think has excellent readability at smaller sizes.)

Carl

Attached Files

#50 jackcav

jackcav

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Bible Teaching
    Database Programming
    Golf (but no time)
    Fishing

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Coming to this thread late, but thought I'd contribute anyways. Here's my startup screen.

(I use the free Fontin font, which I think has excellent readability at smaller sizes.)

Carl

I used that format for my workspaces for years until I discovered how to amplify to favorite workspaces. My inspiration was the ESV Study Bible Podcast. Now I have a more streamlined work flow. Thank you Dr J B)

Jack

#51 Aelfwine

Aelfwine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for the tip, Jack!

The problem with relying on amplifying, for my own purposes, is that I don't know without looking whether there is a cross-reference in any of the commentaries/notes I have; so I'd be forever amplifying each verse anyways. It's quicker and easier for me to just have multiple columns up all the time. At least, while my eyesight remains good!

Carl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users