5 replies to this topic

#1 SteveL

SteveL

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

I wish that Accordance was more TrackPad friendly.

Many of us notebookers long ago trashed our external mouse, using only the TrackPad. And, most of us TrackPad-only notebookers have also enabled double and triple clicks on the TouchPad; we no longer use the single button. Moreover, the new TrackPads have exciting two and three finger scroll functions.

My wish for Accordance:
full compliance with TouchPad mouse clicks (single, double, triple, click-n-drag, click-n-hold, and so fort)
innovative use of two and three finger scrolling

Why should Accordance put effort into these features?

Simple: look where Apple growth is coming from! Notebooks. With more and more notebook users, how about making Accordance as TrackPad friendly as possible!

Developers, try this: use Accordance on a notebook sans mouse. Use only the TrackPad with Pad-clicks enabled. You'll soon see be converted.

Thanks for listening.

#2 SteveL

SteveL

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

The one missing mouse pad feature is TRIPLE CLICKS using the Track Pad (i.e., not the mouse button).

Accordance recognizes DOUBLE TAPS = DOUBLE CLICKS, but it does not recognize TRIPLE TAPS = TRIPLE CLICKS.

Wishing thanks for listening.

#3 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

SteveL,

Triple Tapping works for me on my MacBook Pro running Accordance 8.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.5.3.

Scott.

#4 SteveL

SteveL

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

Triple Tapping works for me on my MacBook Pro running Accordance 8.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.5.3.

Scott, wish I could report the same. After fussing with it, I can only say that it works infrequently (I tried various speeds, intensities, etc.)

#5 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:17 AM

Scott, wish I could report the same. After fussing with it, I can only say that it works infrequently (I tried various speeds, intensities, etc.)

Steve,

So if I understand you correctly, it is only sporadically working? I wonder if your trackpad preferences are different from mine. Here is a screenshot of the trackpad preferences on my MacBook Pro. Perhaps you could post yours so I can set mine up the same and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Scott.

#6 SteveL

SteveL

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Perhaps you could post yours so I can set mine up the same and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Scott,

I'm on a MacBook Air, so the preference settings differ, as does the mouse driver, or so I'd imagine. This probably explains the differences noted in the behavior of a triple tap. Thanks for trying!!

Attached File  SteveLPref.png   164.95KB   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users