3 replies to this topic

#1 huios

huios

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

Hi,

Every time I open up Atlas 2.2, it crashes Accordance 8.0.2. I am on an Intel iMac OS X 10.4.11.

I seem to be having a string of problems revolving around Atlas. Everything was working until today. I recently upgraded to vs, 8.0.2. A couple days ago I installed a couple of modules - PhotoGuide, Anchor upgrade, Church Fathers & Schaffís History - but I see no problem there. I don't recall opening Atlas since the 8.0.2 upgrade until I had the problem today.

I looked for answers in these forums but they didnít seem to apply to the problem Iím having. However, following instructions for the Seven Churches Bug, I did remove the Maps from the two preference folders, and downloaded the Accordance Map settings and expanded it. But when I clicked on it, I got the following warning:

! The file "Accordance Map settings appears to have an unsupported file type.
Please choose a different file

I then went back to my Atlas version 2 install CDs, thinking to start from scratch, and upgrade to 2,2 after 2.0 was installed. I inserted disk 1 and went through the install procedure and quit the installer and ejected the disk and inserted disk 2 as per screen instructions. Then I got this warning dialog:

! This installer requires you to run the Atlas 2 Installer on the other CD-ROM first. Please run Easy Install on the Atlas 2 Installer

I ran the installer on disk 2 a second time to check, and the same thing happened. I then started with disk 1 and went through the install procedure a 2nd time with the same result.

I also have the Graphics Bundle DVD, and own all 3 programs, but donít have the unlock code for Atlas, so I canít try to install it from there.

I would certainly appreciate any helpful advice.

Thanks - Jeffrey

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,222 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

I do not know what is wrong but here are some suggestions:

You no longer need the Atlas 2 CDs. Please contact the office for the code to install the Atlas from the Graphics DVD. Please first remove the Maps file from both Accordance Preferences folders (in Accordance folder and in your user preferences) and the user Layers. Also remove Accordance Map settings from the Accordance folder and Accordance settings É folder if there is one.

After you run the Graphics installer, you may still want to replace the settings file with the file from the download to correct the 7 churches. Do not try to launch these files. Accordance will know what to do with them if it doesn't find other copies of the files.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 huios

huios

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hi again,

I received the unlock code, and I tried all the suggestions above, but didn't get to the stage of correcting the 7 churches. Atlas opens, and then waits until I move my cursor to crash the Accordance application.

Thanks - Jeffrey

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,222 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

Finally I was able to talk to Jeffrey despite being on opposite sides of the globe. He had a very unusual problem which caused Accordance to crash whenever the cursor moved over the Atlas with Instant Details open. We suspected that something was wrong with the Altitude data which provides the elevation information to the Instant Details. Indeed, that file has an anomalous newer creation and modification date. Replacing it with the correct file from the DVD fixed the problem, though we have no idea how it happened.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users