#1 SteveL

SteveL

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hello,

I've running the latest rev of Accordance and of OSX.

If I search on Words and enter [Range "Old Testament"] (where Old Testament is a defined range of the OT, Accordance will consistently crash. If I enter: * <AND> [Range "Old Testament"] Accordance will crash.

If, however, I perform the same using More Options, no problem. Works as advertised. This same behavior is noted irrespective of the text.

Thanks for listening,

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

To use the name of the range you must enter it (or part of it) in quotes: [RANGE "old t"]. Otherwise it gives an error that the book Old cannot be found. I cannot reproduce your crash. Please send me a screenshot so that I can see exactly what you are doing.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Mike Garrity

Mike Garrity

Gold

• Accordance
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hi Steve,

If I search on Words and enter [Range "Old Testament"] (where Old Testament is a defined range of the OT, Accordance will consistently crash. If I enter: * <AND> [Range "Old Testament"] Accordance will crash.

We were able to reproduce this bug.

I think the definition of the "Old Testament" range you are using is

gen-mal;gen-2chr

Accordance will "hang"(requiring a force quit) when using a custom Range with overlapping verse groups like "Old Testament" above. The "hang" only occurs when searching using custom ranges in quotes (not with the More Options popup).

The workaround:

To search using custom ranges in quotes in 8.0.2, I recommend you create non-overlapping verse groups and/or make a range for Old Testament (gen-mal) and a separate range for Hebrew Bible (gen-2chr).

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users