6 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Accordance Version:7.x

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

I've noticed this for a while, but hadn't gotten around to posting it on the forum. I'm using 7.4.2 on an Intel Mac running 10.4.11 (yes, I know... I'm a bit behind in my upgrading).

When I copy large sections of text as citation, I occasionally have verse 2Corintios 6:10 inserted into the text. For example, if I copy all of Genesis 1 as citation, the verse from 2 Corinthians is inserted after Genesis 1:15.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it something with my settings and/or setup?

Thanks in advance.

Grace and peace,
Tim

#2 Donald Stidwell

Donald Stidwell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

I've tried to reproduce this and can't. I have the RVR60 and NVI as my Spanish Bibles, but no extraneous text appears when I copy as citation from the RVR60 using the same parameters you described. I'm using Accordance 8.02 with OS X 10.5.4 if that matters.

The only thing I can think of that may cause this is perhaps you have 2 Cornitios 6:10 highlighted in another workspace or window at the same time you're copying from Genesis? Just a guess...
“Porque no me avergüenzo del evangelio, porque es poder de Dios para salvación a todo aquel que cree; al judío primeramente, y también al griego” (Romanos 1:16 RVR60)

#3 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

No, it's only with the Versión Popular. Maybe that's one of the reasons Accordance is no longer selling it. I didn't realize that it was gone until you asked the other day.

I've gotten used to recognizing that sentence and skipping it when I'm reading on the radio. But it's a pain!

---Tim

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,936 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

I am not reproducing it either. We did not discontinue the DHH, the United Bible Societies discontinued Compubiblia para Mac, so we have none to sell, but hope to get it renewed.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

Boy, that's really weird. It's been a rather persistent problem for me, one that I've grown accustomed to watching for. I do five radio programs a week and copy significant amounts of text to read in each program, so I probably test this more than most people. I just copied the first chapter of Genesis again, just to be sure, and there it is. (I'm going through Genesis on the radio program, and the bug hasn't shown up again up through chapter 12; it's only in the first chapter)

Checking a bit further, it seems to occur in those places where the DHH combines two verses into one; for example, I can also see it if I copy Mark 11:29-33. That [-30] which the DHH has in the text seems to be what triggers it. I'll include a couple of screen shots to show what I'm talking about.

And sorry, Helen, about my misstatement. I do hope that you can get the license renewed.

Grace and peace,
Tim

Attached Files

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,936 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

The sreenshots tell it all. I thought it was inserting the reference not the text. The fact that it is at a "missing" verse really helps. We will try to track it down. Does it also happen when DHH is the search text so no verses appear to be "missing"?
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

Wow! No it doesn't. I'd never even thought of that. Setting the search text to DHH takes care of the problem.

Grace and peace,
Tim

The sreenshots tell it all. I thought it was inserting the reference not the text. The fact that it is at a "missing" verse really helps. We will try to track it down. Does it also happen when DHH is the search text so no verses appear to be "missing"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users