6 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Accordance Version:7.x

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

Is anyone able to "Copy as Citation" in the two versions of the Reina-Valera? I've never been able to, not on any version on any machine. I'm currently running Accordance 7.4.2 on an Intel Mac using OS 10.4.11.

Grace and peace,
Tim Archer

#2 Donald Stidwell

Donald Stidwell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

Copy as Citation is not something I normally do, but I tried it just to see what would happen and it does copy with the verse number as a citation as shown here:

“Así también vosotros, hermanos míos, habéis muerto a la ley mediante el cuerpo de Cristo, para que seáis de otro, del que resucitó de los muertos, a fin de que llevemos fruto para Dios.”
(Romans 7:4 RVR60)

However, note that the book name is given in English instead of Spanish. I only have the RVR60 (what other RV does Accordance offer?), so that's the only one I could check with, but it also does the same thing with the NVI.

Don
“Porque no me avergüenzo del evangelio, porque es poder de Dios para salvación a todo aquel que cree; al judío primeramente, y también al griego” (Romanos 1:16 RVR60)

#3 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, Donald, that's helpful. My system just beeps at me if I attempt to do that.

Grace and peace,
Tim

#4 Donald Stidwell

Donald Stidwell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Thanks, Donald, that's helpful. My system just beeps at me if I attempt to do that.

Grace and peace,
Tim

I forgot to mention that I'm using 10.5.4 on an Intel Mini so your problem may be Tiger related. How are you trying to do the citation? I highlight the verse or just place the cursor somewhere in the text I want to cite and then choose Copy As Citation from the flyout menu and it works as stated above. If I just place the cursor over the reference (Rom. 7:4) and then try to copy as citation, I get an error "Memory error # - 116 in procedure "ChangeHandle!", so obviously that's not what I do.

Don

Edited by Donald Stidwell, 07 July 2008 - 06:47 PM.

“Porque no me avergüenzo del evangelio, porque es poder de Dios para salvación a todo aquel que cree; al judío primeramente, y también al griego” (Romanos 1:16 RVR60)

#5 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

I highlight the verse or words within a verse that I want to copy, then choose "Copy as Citation" from the Edit menu. Just a beep.

Grace and peace,
Tim

#6 Tim Archer

Tim Archer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

Well, I just discovered how to make this work. The "Search" version has to be set to the same text as the display text. I didn't realize that affected things. That's unfortunate, since I often have several texts open at once; it's inconvenient to have to change the "Search" text just to copy from one of the open texts. But I can live with inconvenient, as long as it works.

Grace and peace,
Tim

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,495 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

Yes that is a workaround. We have now fixed this minor bug for the next release.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users