Creating User Note Scripture Link

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RSilber

RSilber

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Preaching and teaching Bible studies.

Technology and the Apple ecosystem, which is deployed at 100% in my home and office.

Digital photography, doing the post-processing with Photoshop and Corel Painter for my wife's studio.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, and some kind person will offer assistance.

While creating User Notes, I often add scriptural references with the scripture link. No problem here unless I want to link a series of verses. What format do I use? For example, if I want to hypertext Exodus 20:1-6, would that be Ex 20:1, 2, 3, 4 with each number selected individually? I've tried every combination of formats and can't seem to stumble on the right combo.

I note these sort of links in reference materials and thought they applied to User Notes as well. Am I mistaken?

Thanks for any help!

Robert Silber

Robert Silber

UMC Pastor

Executive Director of non-profit crisis assistance ministry

www.ecccm.org

#2 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

From my experience, linking Exodus 20:1-6 should work just fine—you shouldn't need to list each verse individually. As with all scripture links, however, Accordance will only show the first in a string of verses in the Instant Details box; clicking the link will of course open the entire range.

If you want each verse to show up in the Instant Details box, you could separately link each individual verse (i.e., Exodus 20:1, 2, 3, etc.). When linking each individual verse separately, you would have to select each individual verse (i.e., Ex. 20:1) and link it; deselect that verse and select the next one (i.e., 2) and link it. Continue with each individual verse.

All the best!
Sean Reed

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

Please see the discussion on this subject in this topic.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

I was wrong regarding linking individual verses in a string. I was applying what I've been doing in User Tools to User Notes. You better read the discussion Helen linked to in order to get a proper perspective.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Sean Reed

#5 RSilber

RSilber

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Preaching and teaching Bible studies.

Technology and the Apple ecosystem, which is deployed at 100% in my home and office.

Digital photography, doing the post-processing with Photoshop and Corel Painter for my wife's studio.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

Many thanks to each of you; I didn't realize the limitation of the Instant Details box contrasted with my User Tools. Now I can quit scratching my head.

Robert

Robert Silber

UMC Pastor

Executive Director of non-profit crisis assistance ministry

www.ecccm.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users