Different number of hits in Hebrew Construct example

JPark

When I tried the example of the Hebrew Construct in Accordance Help, I got 623 hits, while the example had 627 hits. I'm pretty sure I followed the example exactly. Could there be another explanation for this?

Also, when I click on the Details, it seems like the Concordance displays verse references that are different from the Construct Search Results. Any advice?

Thanks for your help!

Jason

Jason,

To confuse matters further, I get 624 hits!

The difference may be due to a number of factors. If you have chosen optional settings in the More Options section of the Search window to which the Contruct is linked, those will affect the search. Check to make sure you have "Search within every" set to Verses and the range set to "[All Text]".

Another possibility is that you are using a different version of the BHS-W4 database than was used when the screenshot for the help was taken or than the one I am using. Go to the Apple menu and choose "About the Text" to see the version number. I believe the latest is 4.8.0.

Why would the version number make a difference? The tagging is continually being refined and enhanced, so it is quite possible that the results of a search would change due to changes in the tagging.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find out.

Yes, the version of my BHS-W4 is 4.4.0. I guess that would make the difference. But what about the verse references listed in the Concordance of the Details? I don't understand why it's not listing the same verses as in the Contruct Search Results?

The default behavior of the Concordance is to take every word found by the search and then build a concordance listing every occurrence of that word. So the search lists the occurrences of those words when they appear in a particular construction, while the concordance lists every occurrence of every word, including those which do not fit the construction.

Hope that helps.

Archived