• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Bailey

Ron Bailey

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Bible teaching and the local church.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

I am discovering the power of grammatical tag searching and thoroughly enjoying the experience. I searched on the following... in GNT-BYZ

[ARTICLE] <FOLLOWED BY> <WITHIN 1 Words>pisteuw@ [VERB present participle]

pisteuw being in a greek font. I was interested in the concept of 'the believers' as a description of authentic Christians. I was curious to see who used this construction. I was surprised to discover that the search did not create the instances of this construction in the expected order. eg it gathered all the Pauline references into a section at the end. I had expected to find the construction in Romans but initially thought there were no examples in Romans until I scrolled right to the end of the selection.

I don't recall that Accordance gathers other examples in this way in English version searches. Is there a reason for this?

And secondly, the 1 John references do not show up in the 'details' graph. Again, I was surprised by this. Am I missing something here?
Ron Bailey
The BibleBase

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,029 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:47 AM

The GNT-BYZ text is arranged in a different order from the GNT-T, since we match the order of the Robinson-Pierpont text. Please see the GNT-BYZ - Read me first document, or the new Read Me-Modules tool in the English tools of the Primary 8 DVD. This is why your results are not in the usual order, they always follow the verse order of the search text. The 1 John references do show up. just not the book name since there is no room on the chart for the names of all the books.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Ron Bailey

Ron Bailey

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Bible teaching and the local church.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

OK, again many thanks. It was the different order of the GNT-BYZ that threw me. I have used Accordance for some time but only recently purchased a fully tagged Greek text; I was using the GNT-TRS previously. I feel as if I had only scratched the surface and the programme becomes more useful daily!!
Ron Bailey
The BibleBase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users