#1 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

Occasionally in blog or forum posts, mention is made of previous versions of Accordance. I'm left wondering: What did Accordance look like in previous versions? Information on the features of previous versions is easily available, at least beginning with version 4 (http://www.accordanc...es/new_in_8.php). But I'd really like to see screenshots of the early versions of Accordance.

Does anyone have screenshots of early Accordance versions?
Sean Reed

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

I do not have access to the oldest files right now, but here are screenshots of Accordance 2, 3, and 5. As you can see, there was only incremental change until the major reorganization of the interface with version 6.

Attached File  Accordance_2_1996.jpg   104.41KB   60 downloadsAttached File  Accordance_2_1997.jpg   197.72KB   51 downloads
Attached File  Accordance_3_1998.jpg   210.11KB   54 downloadsAttached File  Accordance_5_2002.jpg   372.27KB   52 downloads
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

In these screenshots, the Accordance interface looks rather clunky—if compared to the current incarnation. Compared to the programs I was running on my PowerBook 540c when version 2 was released in 1996, Accordance version 2 looks intuitive, sophisticated, and powerful—keeping with the best aspects of OS 7.

Thanks for posting the screenshots.
Sean Reed

#4 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

I can trace my ancestry back to Accordance 3. Can anyone (not including Oaktree staff, family or pets) trace themselves back to version 1?

Extra prestige if you have owned every version (i.e. integers) from 1 to 8!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users