#1 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:56 AM

I have a request I'd like to make in regards to exporting by Unicode, and it is mostly a plea for Accordance to help me out because I have to deal with 1) applications that can handle unicode Greek BUT NOT Hebrew, and 2) a standard rule that you often leave vowels on all Hebrew words, BUT NOT verbs.

What I'm asking is for an additional "export in unicode" format in the preferences— one for Greek and one for Hebrew. Unicode Greek is almost universally supported, Hebrew is not. This means that, in any other app I use except Mellel, I have copy Hebrew as SPTiberian, but Greek I stick with unicode. This means that I'm constantly going back and forth into the preferences. Can the unicode option be made for both languages?

Going a step further, what do other people think about a new "copy" menu option that actually gives you the copy option on the fly? So I could choose to copy with unicode, or with SPTiberian, with vowels or without.

This would make life alot easier until the rest of the world catches up to unicode Hebrew.

#2 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

While I haven't needed it myself, I can certainly see the advantage to splitting the Greek and Hebrew export settings.

I would appreciate a copy option that let me override the preferences settings on a case by case basis. I usually want to export unicode, but once in a while I need/want to copy in legacy fonts.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#3 John F. Hart

John F. Hart

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

I like the idea of a "copy option" for unicode. I find myself selecting the preferences several times to choose the Helena font for a Word document for myself (the font is much prettier). Then for emails, I go back to unicode.
John F. Hart
Professor of Bible
Moody Bible Institute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users