Crash when pressing Cmd-Left or Cmd-Right in a text window

Chris V

Accordance 8.0.5, MacBook Intel, OS X 10.5.5

Pressing the keyboard combination Cmd-Left or Cmd-Right (arrow keys) in a search window scripture text pane that is active, but has not yet had the cursor placed in it causes Accordance to crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a new search window (by default, all verses should be shown)
  2. Hold down the Option key and left click on any verse to Mark it
  3. Press the keyboard combination Cmd-Left or Cmd-Right (arrow keys)

Accordance immediately crashes. The Cmd-Left and Cmd-Right shortcuts are for moving the cursor to the beginning or end of a line, but in this situation the cursor has not yet been placed anywhere in the active text pane. If the cursor is placed by clicking anywhere in the pane first (except for Option-clicking), the Cmd-Left and Cmd-Right shortcuts work correctly.

Console shows these messages:

9/22/08 Sep 22 9:56:34 AM [0x0-0xaa0aa].com.OakTree.Accordance[1902] An unhandled exception occurred at $BFFFF9B8 :

9/22/08 Sep 22 9:56:34 AM [0x0-0xaa0aa].com.OakTree.Accordance[1902] EAccessViolation : Access violation

9/22/08 Sep 22 9:56:34 AM [0x0-0xaa0aa].com.OakTree.Accordance[1902] $BFFFF9B8

9/22/08 Sep 22 9:56:34 AM com.apple.launchd[89] ([0x0-0xaa0aa].com.OakTree.Accordance[1902]) Exited with exit code: 217

Expected behavior would be to do nothing when cursor modification keyboard shortcuts are pressed before the cursor has been placed in an active text pane.

Thanks Helen! It's definitely obscure, but I've been burnt by it a couple of times - I normally scroll using Cmd-Down, so a slight slip at the wrong time can cause me to lose it all!

Archived