• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pandakruon

pandakruon

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

It seems that you can export Hebrew characters in reverse direction, but not in Unicode.

Am I missing something?

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,092 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

What do you mean? Unicode does not need the characters reversed as it is true right-to-left.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 pandakruon

pandakruon

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

Except that the application I'm exporting them to needs them reversed (it is NOT true right-to-left).

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,092 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Ah, well, since Unicode supports right-to-left, the characters are not and do not need to be reversed, the logical order is to go from the English to the true beginning of the Hebrew, follow to the end of the Hebrew and then go on with English. Accordance does this on Unicode export irrespective of the setting of the checkbox.

Why would you want to start the Unicode at the end of the line of Hebrew? That's what the Reverse direction does, so that Yehudit etc., can be exported to a word processor.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 pandakruon

pandakruon

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

I'm uploading Hebrew words to a flashcard app called StudyCards for the iPhone (worklifestudy.com). The iPhone can display Unicode characters in Hebrew, but it doesn't get the right-to-left part. So I can manually enter Hebrew Unicode words by reversing the characters, and it turns out looking right.

If I could get Accordance to reverse the Unicode characters for me, it would save a lot of typing Hebrew backwards. Although, I found another program that will reverse Unicode characters called Apimac Clean Text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users