Saving Greek searches

djaneb

Hello

I am a new user of Accordance. I can't thank Helen enough for her help in getting me up and running so quickly and with so little fuss in the middle of her own busy stuff.

Say I have 10 scripture references that I know use the articular infinitive in the Greek. I enter those into the search window for GNT-T and there they all are (fantastic!!). How do I save that search with the title "articular infinitive" or similar, so that I can look at it when I want and add to it?

I want to do the same with other constructions.

There are SO MANY features in acccordance that I'm not sure which would be the best and most efficient. I have watched the search movie (though I will have to watch it again - it is packed with stuff and so fast).

Thank you for your help.

Deb

Hi, Deb,

Welcome to Accordance.

The "Save" item in the "File" menu does just what you're asking. You can name it whatever you like, and it will save not only the current search, but all the features of that window (the text module, the settings, etc.).

Then, open it anytime you want to have a look. Make changes and select "Save" again to save them.

Oh, how great. That works perfectly - and saves all the tabs. So in theory I could have one of these files and each tab could be a different construction search? Because I notice that you can save the tabs to have different names. Does that make sense to do it that way?

Deb

If you select the verses of interest, you can add them to a Reference List (Selection menu) which is ideal for collecting verses over time. You can add a description, view them in any version, and search them using the CONTENTS search in another window,

Archived