module/package recommendation?

basurf

Hello, I am looking to move to Accordance, however, the different packages in Accordance are a little confusing.

In Bibleworks, it was just $349 for pretty much everything (a bunch of English versions and all the Greek versions I needed including LXX)...the only thing I needed to add was BDAG/HALOT ($215).

Has anyone put together a list of the packages/modules needed in Accordance to get a close match? Actually, I would like to come in under Bibleworks price since it contained things I did not really need.

I am mainly doing Greek/English study. Any pointers would be appreciated.

It is a lot of information and options to consider. You're probably going to want to start with the Scholar's Collection and then add from there what you need.

http://www.accordancebible.com/products/pa..._collection.php

Decide which level there, and then peruse the other Hebrew/Greek tools to decide what you want to add (like the BDAG/HALOT bundle on sale right now for $249).

http://www.accordancebible.com/products/pa...hp?category=ght

You know, calling the sales office will put you in touch with a an exceptional resource who does this ALL the time... assesses a customer's wants and needs and makes recommendations.

If you go through all the modules, and list what you want, you can post them here and folks can make recommendations here.

Yeah, I may end up calling to talk to someone. I am finding all the modules ok, the confusing part is the different package combination discounts.

For example, the scholar package will be my base...but then I see they have a pretty good discount if you add the library with the scholar, so I have to figure out how much it is to add the english versions I want separately with the scholar package vs just adding a combo library package to get those versions...to complicate things, some items aren't really in the base packages...i.e. the LXX or some items aren't available individually like the ESVS.

Someone needs to do a nice comprehensive table that has all the modules and add-ons and then show what each package contains side by side...similar to sat/cable tv guides where they show all the channels...then they show the different plans you can get and what channels they contain (all in one table).

It looks like all they would have to do is get a table with every single module and add-on and then just combine their current base package tables...they could even do some cool color coding showing the discounts you get combining certain modules. :)

anyway, thx for the reply

yeah, similar to that one

I am looking through it now.

I need a package with a few english versions, esv w/strongs, hcsb, net w/notes, then the lxx, na27 w/apparatus, and bdag...so I am working on a combination of packages to cover that.

some things appear to be available in certain packages only i.e. the esvs...or some of the apparatus modules

I will get there eventually, thanks. :)

some things appear to be available in certain packages only i.e. the esvs...or some of the apparatus modules

Did you find the ESVS Group?

The apparatus modules are only available in a package, probably because the publisher required this. Note that the that comes with the apparatus is not grammatically tagged, so if you opt for the apparatus you need to make sure you have a tagged GNT-T, too in order to be able to do grammatical and lexical searches of the Greek text.

Lorinda

Did you find the ESVS Group?

The apparatus modules are only available in a package, probably because the publisher required this. Note that the that comes with the apparatus is not grammatically tagged, so if you opt for the apparatus you need to make sure you have a tagged GNT-T, too in order to be able to do grammatical and lexical searches of the Greek text.

Lorinda

Yeah I saw that. I wonder if a Bible unlock code can be used against that? I imagine we will see the ESV Study Bible soon as well (I have a print copy).

GNT-T comes in all the Scholar packages so I would be ok there, I just didn't want all the extra things that came with the NA-27 apparatus for instance...you have to get the Stuttgart Original Language Collection which also dupes some products you may already have from another bundle, i.e. the UBS Lexicon

and that is a good example of what I'm talking about with the confusion :) so you have to buy certain packages to get certain things you want and then you may have paid for certain things inside those packages multiple times

We try to avoid duplication of resources, or we give you a credit if there is duplication, as far as possible. When we produce a CD for another publisher, such as the Studienbibel for the German Bible Society, we are sometimes required to include resources that are also included in our own packages. In the case of the Studienbibel, it's best to consider that you are paying for the apparatus modules and getting the UBS, LEH, and untagged Vulgate as a bonus. Just don't pay separately for those items.

LXX is included in Scholar's Premier level, but if your main interest is the Greek texts you can unlock the ones you need individually. Just remember that the levels are discounted about 50% from the cost of the included individual or group unlocks. You can get the ESVS group for $49 or upgrade to it from the ESV for $20.

The forum is really not the place to sort out exactly what you need. Make a list of modules that are most important and others you would like, and send it to us or call the order line, and we will help you get the best value package. Our company policy is to give the best value that we can, never to make the biggest sale. We always recommend that you start small and add on as needed. We also have a three month grace period so that, for example, if you unlock the LXX and within 3 months you upgrade to Scholar's Premier level, we'll credit the full amount you paid for the LXX.

Thanks Helen

That is one of the reasons I've decided to invest in Accordance, the service.

I had actually decided to do just what you suggested, list all the modules I want and then contact you guys directly to see if you could figure out what combination of packages/modules would work best.

Archived