#1 Rod Decker

Rod Decker

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

I've just posted a comment on my blog re. the new Mac release of Logos. The short of it: better than I expected, but no threat at this point. http://ntresources.com/blog/?p=311
Rodney J. Decker, ThD
Professor of NT & Greek
Baptist Bible Seminary
NTResources.com/blog/

#2 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

Agree: program definitely not a threat. I did purchase the pre-release program since I had fond memories of the early-90s version of logos for Windows 3.1 The old logos opened with the Bible as central, and you could do basic searches. Since I still had some of my old Logos disks, I had hopes that I could use them once again. I was sadly disappointed, and fortunately, they were willing to refund my money. I don't have any training in the Biblical languages. Right now, I can't see that a Mac-user would want Logos for Mac, even if you had some old discs.

Jonna from Michigan

#3 William Varner

William Varner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Greek exegesis, hermeneutics, patristics, Civil War, grandchildren
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

I am a long time user of Logos on the PC. For the last few years I also have used Accordance on my MAC.
With Boot Camp, I still have my Logos and BibleWorks!

I was excited about the Logos for Mac. I used the alpha and beta versions and then received the final product.
After months of use and still encountering bugs even after 1.1, I removed it to save the disk space.

Actually, I am not double-minded, I am triple minded (Accordance, Logos, BW). So I feel like I can render
a more informed and less biased opinion.

Conclusion. Logos has a long way to go with their Mac version. Logos is amassing huge libraries, but if you
are looking for basic functionality, a more intuitive interface, and more than adequate resources, stay with
Accordance on your Mac. Don't buy a Mac so you can have Logos. Use the best Mac program available by far -
Accordance.

Now if you want me to talk about the Windows based programs . . .

DrV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users