#1 John Tadlock

John Tadlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Discourse analysis; Chronology
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:08 AM

I am running 10.5.5 on a 12" G4 PowerBook. I updated to Accordance 8.1.1 from 8.0.2. and immediately started playing with the new hyperlinks for User Tools. I greatly appreciate links to other Accordance modules (although I wish there would be an option for scrolling within the same module) and the links to internet URLs. Thank you very much!

But I am now having a problem with certain scripture links that use to work fine.

The problem occurs with scripture links that span two or more chapters. For example "Genesis 1:1-4:26". Interestingly, existing links seem to work. But when I tried to move a paragraph by cutting and pasting that had several links such as the one above I would get the following error message after trying to "Update":

The characters in the hyperlink are invalid or ambiguous.
The hyperlink must be either a valid Scripture reference, a valid URL address, or a valid tool link.

Changing the references to plain text for each fixed the update problem, but now I don't have the links I want.

Further testing shows that any new hyperlink that spans multiple chapters gives me this error.

Edited by John Tadlock, 24 November 2008 - 04:06 PM.

John Tadlock

#2 Justin Burt

Justin Burt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Backpacking, and Traveling.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:18 AM

Helen has addressed the issue here.

Basically this is a bug which was introduced with the new links in User Tools in 8.1 and wasn't caught before 8.1.1.
Justin Burt

#3 John Tadlock

John Tadlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Discourse analysis; Chronology
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

Helen has addressed the issue here.

Basically this is a bug which was introduced with the new links in User Tools in 8.1 and wasn't caught before 8.1.1.

Thank you. I did try to search the forums first but somehow missed this thread. I appreciate the reference. I will be patient while awaiting the fix.

John Tadlock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users