Dick Roberts

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

I am trying to save, either as a favorite or as a session the following:
three linked panes (not tabs) so that I might look up a Hebrew word in HALOT, linked to BDB, and further linked with NIV Hebrew - so that when I look up a word in HALOT I can see the same lemma in both BDB and NIV Hebrew. I can set the panes up to work properly, but I cannot figure out how to save them so that I can recall the setup. Is this possible?
Dick Roberts

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

Save session in the file menu will save all your open windows with the links so that you can recall the entire session. I do not understand what you mean by panes, since lexicons are always in a separate tab of window, but the save session should work regardless.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

three linked panes (not tabs) so that I might look up a Hebrew word in HALOT, linked to BDB, and further linked with NIV Hebrew - so that when I look up a word in HALOT I can see the same lemma in both BDB and NIV Hebrew. I can set the panes up to work properly

How did you "link" BDB and HALOT so that when you looked up a word in HALOT, BDB also looked up that word? I tried to "tie" them but it was not an available option (it was grayed out).

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

Use the Link command (Search menu) to link the arguments together. Tie links the scrolling, but only for windows or tabs that are in verse reference order. Be sure that the field in each tool is the same language (for lexicons usually the Entry).
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

Use the Link command (Search menu) to link the arguments together. Tie links the scrolling, but only for windows or tabs that are in verse reference order. Be sure that the field in each tool is the same language (for lexicons usually the Entry).

Perfect! Thanks.

#6 Dick Roberts

Dick Roberts

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Save session in the file menu will save all your open windows with the links so that you can recall the entire session. I do not understand what you mean by panes, since lexicons are always in a separate tab of window, but the save session should work regardless.

Thank you very much. It works well. What a great program!
Dick Roberts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users