User Tool Links to Other Modules

Jonathan Hicks

I'm having a little trouble trying to make user tool links to other Accordance modules. I have a User Tool that has a list of documents that I use for writing exegesis papers and I wanted to also keep on it a list of frequent places I turn to in other Accordance modules.

I was trying to make a link to page 453 in Wallace's Greek Grammar where he lists the uses of hoti with the indicative. This is a place I always end up flipping back to and since I haven't figured out a good way to bookmark this place, I wanted to create a link. Here's what I typed:

Uses of

Jonathan,

Your entries are perfect; I created a sample User Tool and copied and pasted your examples into my tool and the links opened the appropriate modules as expected. I'm not sure why you're getting the error messages though... are you using 8.1 or later? This feature wasn't available in 8.0.

Mark

Jonathan,

Your entries are perfect; I created a sample User Tool and copied and pasted your examples into my tool and the links opened the appropriate modules as expected. I'm not sure why you're getting the error messages though... are you using 8.1 or later? This feature wasn't available in 8.0.

Mark

I'm using 8.1.3. I followed the examples in the Help File so I thought they should work.

Is there something wrong with the names or locations of my modules? Could that cause the problem?

Maybe. What is the name of the folder containing Accordance and where is it located? Are the modules within this folder?

Maybe. What is the name of the folder containing Accordance and where is it located? Are the modules within this folder?

The path for Wallace Greek is user/Applications/Accordance Folder/Modules/Tools/Wallace Greek

My modules are divided between Tools and Texts. I haven't changed any of this from the original installation. I've just dragged and dropped in the modules that I have purchased.

Perhaps you can email me the actual tool, then, because it should be working.

I'll send it over, but I've tried it now with several tools and none have worked (e.g. BDAG, Louw & Nida, all the IVP, Easton, etc.). Should I reinstall everything?

Even a great program can't overcome a dumb user. I needed to highlight the whole expression [Wallace Greek, Pages, 453] INCLUDING the brackets and make it a link. I was only highlighting the text to make a link. Thanks to all who offered help on this.

• 1 month later...
Even a great program can't overcome a dumb user. I needed to highlight the whole expression [Wallace Greek, Pages, 453] INCLUDING the brackets and make it a link. I was only highlighting the text to make a link. Thanks to all who offered help on this.

Where can I find documentation to do these links? Or is Pages and Reference the only options?

Accordance Help: Doing your own Thing: User Tools

Accordance Help: Doing your own Thing: User Tools

I looked there first, but must have gotten side tracked, because when I looked again, there it was. Thanks.

Archived