• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Many years ago, I took Koine Greek I in college. I was not active in the usage of Koine Greek after the course and consequently forgot the language and rules.

Now I am retired and would like to have a method to have the individual Greek words in a Interlinear New Testament orally pronounced by clicking on them.

I have found a website that does this but is restricted to PC's.

Does anyone knows of a software program or website that will provide this information?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can provide me with any information.

Russ

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Accordance uses Apple's built-in speech synthesis (with your choice of voices and words-per-minute rate!) to provide fairly accurate pronunciation of both Greek and Hebrew.

Settings are in the Preferences under Speech, and you can speak a selection by pressing cmd-9 or going to the Amplify menu > Language > Speak.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Russ

Russ

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

Accordance uses Apple's built-in speech synthesis (with your choice of voices and words-per-minute rate!) to provide fairly accurate pronunciation of both Greek and Hebrew.

Settings are in the Preferences under Speech, and you can speak a selection by pressing cmd-9 or going to the Amplify menu > Language > Speak.

Thanks, Dr. Kang for your suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users