The Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library?

Ed Heckman

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum. This topic seems to cover several of them.

I'm looking the possibility of taking a course in apologetics, and one of the requirements is purchasing The Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library on CD. It seems that this CD is only for Windows, which is a problem for us Mac guys.

Have any of you tried this CD? Where you able to access it on your Mac or otherwise transfer the files? Is Accordance able to make use of this CD? Is it possible to get an Accordance version of the books on this CD?

Thanks.

You should be able to run the program with Parallels (if you have an Intel Mac), and if you have an older Mac, you probably should be able to run on Virtual PC. However, it would be separate from Accordance.

Ed,

The Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library is a Logos product running the Libronix reader. Logos has a Macintosh version of their reader that will allow you to run your software natively on your Mac. However, you'll have to pony up about $60 for the Mac engine, if I remember correctly, which is probably more than you paid for the Geisler Library itself. It's also important to note that not all the Windows-based Libronix products are compatible with the Mac. You'll want to check to make sure that these books aren't on the list of incompatible texts.

Mark

Mark

All Logos books are now compatible with the Mac engine; however, overall it still remains a poor step-child of the Windows version.

Jack

Ed,

The Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library is a Logos product running the Libronix reader. Logos has a Macintosh version of their reader that will allow you to run your software natively on your Mac. However, you'll have to pony up about $60 for the Mac engine, if I remember correctly, which is probably more than you paid for the Geisler Library itself. It's also important to note that not all the Windows-based Libronix products are compatible with the Mac. You'll want to check to make sure that these books aren't on the list of incompatible texts.

Mark

Update:

I ordered and received a copy of the CD. I have a Windows machine that I can use for it, it's just not my primary machine. So I can use it, but compared to Mac, it's like going back to pencil and paper. ;) Plus, I'm not too keen on learning a completely different system, especially since I'm barely making good use of Accordance as it is.

If I get desperate, it seems that I would be able to copy the text and make it available as a user tool in Accordance. Though this would seem to be quite a labor intensive project and I would lose any graphics to boot. So I'm not likely to put the time into it.

Maybe once I get an Intel based Mac (I'm currently running a Quad G5 which still isn't slow, even though it's more than 2 years old), I'll make use of Parallels so I can access these books. But for now, hitting the KVM switch is gonna haf'ta do.

Of course, the best solution would be if the books in this library were officially available as Accordance modules. So please consider this an official request! B)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

• 1 month later...
Update:

Of course, the best solution would be if the books in this library were officially available as Accordance modules. So please consider this an official request! B)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

+1 :)

Archived