• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Hoffner

Harry Hoffner

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Emeritus Professor, University of Chicago. Interests Ancient Near Eastern languages and history; biblical studies.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

From Mark 15:1 I wanted to find other NT examples of the sequence aor part + aor part + aor indic. I set up a construct and found Matt 25:18, 25; Acts 20:1, but not Mark 15:1. Is that common? How do I know the search didn't find others, if it didn't display Mark 15:1? :blink:

Many thanks for any help.
Harry Hoffner. Emeritus Professor, The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Founder & Editor of The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.

#2 JSGilliom

JSGilliom

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

When I omit the WITHIN commands, I get the same results as you. If I include them as in the following construct window, there are many more results, including Mark 15:1.

Attached File  construct.tiff   39.85KB   12 downloads
John S Gilliom

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

Yes, a Construct assumes the words are adjacent unless you add a WITHIN command.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Harry Hoffner

Harry Hoffner

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Emeritus Professor, University of Chicago. Interests Ancient Near Eastern languages and history; biblical studies.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

When I omit the WITHIN commands, I get the same results as you. If I include them as in the following construct window, there are many more results, including Mark 15:1.

Attached File  construct.tiff   39.85KB   12 downloads

Thanks for this suggestion.
I have a follow-up question for anyone: How can I save this construct search argument, so that I can just repeat it any time I need it? I suspect there is a way that I just am unaware of.
Harry Hoffner. Emeritus Professor, The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Founder & Editor of The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.

#5 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for this suggestion.
I have a follow-up question for anyone: How can I save this construct search argument, so that I can just repeat it any time I need it? I suspect there is a way that I just am unaware of.

Save the workspace which contains the construct by either, 1. Using the favorite icon in resource palette > Add Workspace; or 2. File > Save as… . The former may be preferable since it will be easily accessible from the resource palette, or the Library window.

HTH…

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users