Luther's Works

denny keyes

I recently visited the Concordia Publishing House website and discovered that they have finally, after many years, produced a DVD of Luther's Works that will run on a Mac, and they have reduced the price at the same time to an almost affordable $150.

I was wondering if you have any plans to market an Accordance module of the same ilk, because i would much rather keep all my reference materials under one roof and have the convenience of running it with your magnificent application program.

God bless you and your "house".

pastor keyes

Denny, see this thread here: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/inde...7&hl

The problem is Paul McCain at Concordia. He's extremely pro-Logos and anti-Accordance. It makes no sense because Concordia could make more money selling both, but he'd rather use his company's assets as a way to prop up Logos and knock down Accordance.

I tried corresponding with him both privately and publicly and it's a dead end. When I made a comment on his blog, he re-edited it to take what I said out of context. I tried going over his head and writing directly to the CEO of Concordia but McCain responded; thus, either McCain reads his boss' mail or anything that has to do with electronic publishing is just pushed back to McCain.

In the end, it's poor business, unprofessional, and frankly, mean-spirited on his part, but I don't know any other answers outside of copying and pasting from Libronix into an Accordance user tool.

Now, how do I really feel?

Edited by R. Mansfield

• 2 years later...

I'd really like to get Luther's Works in Accordance. Any updates to this unfortunate situation, or is Logos still the only game in town for this set?

I'd really like to get Luther's Works in Accordance. Any updates to this unfortunate situation, or is Logos still the only game in town for this set?

There aren't any updates at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, we can copy/paste from Libronix into an Accordance User Tool? Is this ethical? And if so, does it really work well?

You certainly can, but importing entire works as User Tools is not very practical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Fantastic! Glad I waited for the Accordance version. Now where is that credit card... (And when will Accordance's online store support Apple Pay???? :) )

• Like 2

YES! This is really good news.

Rick, could you clarify: Will volumes 1-30 with the commentaries also be released sometime? I understand there has been some difficulties in getting the license and so. BUT: It would really be great to have Luther's commentaries available tagged as other commentaries to the degree this is possible, so that they can be accessed through the Info Pane.

Do you think this will happen?

Morten

• Like 1

You can contact Concordia and ask them to license the commentaries to us. We have tried for years to get them. Maybe if they get a lot of requests, they will finally agree.

• Like 2

Rick, could you clarify: Will volumes 1-30 with the commentaries also be released sometime?

Although some of the same challenges remain, I have reason to be more hopeful than in the past for reasons that I cannot state here. 

• Like 2