Photo

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I agree that there will be other things along the way that will be helpful in my studies. But I don't want to be like I was with Libronix, always more, more, more. Just to give you an idea of what I mean...Logos will charge 10 percent for a transfer fee. I asked them what my charges will be to transfer when I find someone who wants to buy my license. They are only charging me for 63 of the license transfers but not for the rest of the books and unlocks. The fee will be 560.00 As you can see, one can really get out of hand in thinking they need more books...

This is one of the reasons I like using Accordance. It focuses on the text and not so much on external resources.

Ouch!

I see what you mean. Perhaps it would be good to pause and catch your breath for awhile.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#22 Kevin Soars

Kevin Soars

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

Rick,

Sorry I don't know what happened there! I wanted to write something to you and must have hit the "reply" button before I even started! So, here is what I wanted to say:

I don't want to complicate your life now you have made your decision to go for Greek first, but I offer you a suggestion for when you do look at Hebrew text books. You might want to look at "The First Hebrew Primer" by Simon, Resnikoff andMotzkin. Not up there with the 'big boys' (probably most people have never heard of it) but I found, and am still finding it, very helpful. From what I can remember, it was not very expensive. I find it relatively easy, compared to some of the more 'serious' text books and I think it is something you could use on your own till you find a teacher. Hope this helps when you are ready.

Kevin.
Kevin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users