#1 mikes

mikes

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

I'm trying to gauge the value (to me) of upgrading from Scholar's Standard to Premium.

I'm an amateur, largely self-taught greek student (somewhere between first and second year with a quarter of attic in college MANY years ago) and hope to jump into hebrew just outside of a year from now.

The only english bible I can think that I would like to add on would be the new NRSV package (i.e. have to fork out the upgrade $20+ anyway).

I like the LXX resources, but it lacks the parallel module in the MT-LXX add-on package. So it seems as though I'd be better off with that add-on as I progress in my greek.

That leaves Spicq and Stevens Greek with the two hebrew resources I'd get marginal use out of (I suspect... tell me if I'm wrong!).

#2 countach

countach

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:20 PM

It seems to me that the MT-LXX+Parallel is for those deep into analysing the underlying Hebrew of the LXX. It may not be something you need yet seeing as you haven't even started Hebrew.

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

To my way of thinking, the LXX alone is worth the cost of the upgrade. In fact, I distinctly remembering paying $100 not too many years ago just for that Accordance module. The two Greek and two Hebrew resources are a nice bonus, as is the extra English Bible.
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#4 mikes

mikes

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

To my way of thinking, the LXX alone is worth the cost of the upgrade. In fact, I distinctly remembering paying $100 not too many years ago just for that Accordance module. The two Greek and two Hebrew resources are a nice bonus, as is the extra English Bible.

Great point. I went ahead with the upgrade. As a side note, you'll need the newer 8.1 DVD (my 8.0 dvd didn't have a few of those resources).

Thanks!

Mike

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

The Premier modules are all on the Primary 8.0 DVD as well, they just may not have correctly installed in your case.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users