amplifying to a dictionary
Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:50 PM
1. I start with a new workspace with the ESVS as my search text. Any searchable tool will do.
2. I then highlight a word and triple click it to open up the Webster's Dictionary which is at the top of the English Tools list.
3. If I then triple click a word inside the WD (Webster's Dictionary) it opens another tab for that word.
3. a. If I triple click inside the second window it opens the first WD tab.
b. If I triple click inside the first window it sometimes opens a third WD tab.
For instance opening the IVP-Biblical Imagery tool and triple clicking a word has opened a webster tab. Additional triple clicks within either the IVP-BI or the WD tab has now opened 3 WD tabs and now cycles between them in an apparently haphazard way.
What I want to happen if possible is for the single WD tab to recycle its contents, not open an additional WD tab.
Am I doing something wrong? Is this a simple preference fix? What gives?
Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:11 PM
Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:30 PM
In your example, I suspect something like the following is happening:
1. you triple-click a word and it is found in Webster's Entry field.
2. you triple-click another word and it is not found in the Entry field, but IS found in the Definition field. In that case, a new tab will open, since the search field is not the same as the first tab.
3. you triple-click another word and it is found in neither the Entry or Definition fields, but IS found in the Quotation field. Again, a new tab will open.
4. Of course, when you triple-click a word within one of these Webster tabs, Accordance will open a new tab or recycle an existing one to do that search (rather than replacing the text you're looking at).
The haphazard recycling of these tabs is not really haphazard. Each is being reused based on the field which is selected.
Hope that helps to ease the perplexity.
Feet to Follow, Eyes to See
Macs in the Ministry
Leader of the "Lang Gang"
Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:42 AM
What David describes is indeed the case. But is there a way to make the entry field stick? I would like the entry field to stick unless I change the search parameters and reuse the same Webster tab?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users