Copy & pasting verses

soakland

Hello -

Can anyone tell me what settings I need to set in order to copy and paste the verses to a word processor properly? It seems to always want to include stray characters in the resulting pasted verse. I am using the ESV, and also use the copy/paste macro from the user tools section, although the problem occurs whether you use the tool or just do it manually.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

I suspect the stray characters showing up are the superscript characters used to indicate translator notes, etc. Accordance provides two specific copy commands to eliminate these characters. Select the text you wish to copy and choose one of the following commands from either the file menu (Edit, Copy as…) or control click and select from the contextual menu (Copy as…):

1. no superscript. Copies the selected text without the superscript characters. (Keyboard shortcut: option + command + C)

2. citation. Copies the selected text without the superscript characters. When pasted, the selected text will be inside quotation marks and will include the citation in parenthesis. (Keyboard shortcut: control + command + C)

You can also customize your copy and paste settings by going to Citation option under Preferences. This of course will only affect your paste results when you choose Citation in the Copy As menu.

The link below is an excellent resource to walk you through the numerous options you have for copying

Also, I'll add a recent discovery. Changing your citation options also affects the way your widget pastes.

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/training_m...Options.mov.zip

Archived